[MVEBU] SPI flash offset was depecrated?

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Tue Aug 2 13:43:07 CEST 2022

On Tuesday 02 August 2022 07:36:45 Tom Rini wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 11:27:25AM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Hello! I have tested it without dm-pre-reloc on A385 Turris Omnia and
> > you are right. SPL cannot load proper U-Boot and throws error:
> >
> >   Trying to boot from SPI
> >   Invalid bus 0 (err=-19)
> >   SPI probe failed.
> >   SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
> >
> > Stefan and Tom, it is possible to somehow "inject" dm-pre-reloc into spi
> > DTB SPL node during SPL compile time when CONFIG_SPL_SPI=y is enabled?
> >
> > Because really CONFIG_SPL_SPI=y option does not work without
> > dm-pre-reloc.
>
> Automatically?  Not at this time, that's what -u-boot.dtsi files are for.

This issue is arch/arm/mach-mvebu generic, not board specific. SPI NOR
node is defined in SoC .dtsi file, not in board dts file. -u-boot.dtsi
is board specific, right? Therefore if -u-boot.dtsi is used then this
setting needs to be included in every one mvebu soc -u-boot.dtsi file?
This does not look as an ideal solution.