GPIO and PINCTRL drivers question

Oleh Kravchenko oleg at kaa.org.ua
Wed Aug 3 13:10:39 CEST 2022

Hi all,
I'm looking for advice on properly implementing GPIO and PINCTRL drivers.
My SoC provides the possibility to enable a pull-up/down resistor for specific GPIO.
And drive strength for GPIO can have four possible states.

The question is, where should I implement this functionality?

I'm confused by dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h because it has a few macros
- GPIO_PULL_UP
- GPIO_PULL_DOWN

Should I keep everything in the pinctrl driver?
Or should I implement pull-up/down in GPIO driver to support these macros and Drive Strength in pinctrl driver?

Oleh Kravchenko