Converting to DM SERIAL for Kirkwood boards

Tony Dinh mibodhi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 01:17:44 CET 2022

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 1:49 PM Tony Dinh <mibodhi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
> Yes, I also think we need Kconfig changes for Kirwood. I will try that
> and send in patches.
>
> Hi Pali,
> I hope debugging this will be a bit quicker now that I can tell that
> it got stuck (hung or infinite loop) in nand_init() in
> ./common/board_r.c.
>
> U-Boot 2023.01-rc3-00048-gc917865c7f-dirty (Dec 15 2022 - 21:20:41 -0800)
> Pogoplug V4
> SoC:   Kirkwood 88F6281_A1
> Model: Cloud Engines PogoPlug Series 4
> DRAM:  128 MiB
> Core:  19 devices, 15 uclasses, devicetree: separate
> NAND:

As Pali suggested, I did a git bisect to track down the Pogo V4
problem. And the result is that perhaps we missed testing commit
37bb396669 in rc1. If I go back one commit from this one, it is
working fine. So I think the orion_timer itself is working very well
with no problem.

git checkout 37bb396669b27aa62fe8bc5eeb6bfde92e09c2d3
Previous HEAD position was 3b44b3fdf2 arm: mvebu: Add support for
programming LD0 and LD1 eFuse
HEAD is now at 37bb396669 timer: orion-timer: Only init timer once

This is where the Pogo V4 was frozen during boot. Among the Kirkwood
boards that I have and used for testing, it is the only one that has
CONFIG_BOOTSTAGE=y.

Should I create a new post for would like to continue this topic here
in this thread?

Thanks,
Tony