Bootargs in RPI not working

Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy Y ysaikiran1997 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:02:55 CET 2022

Hi,

I have U-Boot 2022.10 version. I am trying to boot Raspberry Pi(Model 3B+)
using U-Boot. In the U-Boot terminal when I set kernel command-line
arguments, using "setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmblk0p3 ro rootwait
console=serial0,115200 console=tty1", the Kernel is not loaded. Following
are the messages I get on the U-boot terminal

" EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
EFI stub: EFI_RING_PROTOCOL unavailable
EFI stub: Using DTB from configuration table
EFI stub: exiting boot services..."

When I do not add any bootargs variables to U-Boot environment, Pi boots
with Linux. Am I missing something? I am not able to figure out the reason
for this. Could you help me with this?

--
Regards,
Sai Kiran.