Broken commit d433c74eecdce1e4952ef4e8c712a9289c0dfcc2

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Thu Dec 22 22:02:42 CET 2022

On Thursday 22 December 2022 13:22:50 Tom Rini wrote:
> I suspect that how we fire up QEMU means that the issue you're
> noting isn't triggered since we don't boot it from flash but instead
> pass the binary.

Yes, this sounds like that problematic part is not tested. To spot this
issue some end-to-end test is needed... For flash setup - booting
directly from the qemu flash (execute in place) without initialized RAM
and letting u-boot to do it. For SD card setup - booting via BootROM
(like it is on the real HW). Seems that SD card BootROM is not available
on internet and no idea if it can be dumped from some Freescale CPU (it
is even legal to do it?). So some alternative bootrom implementation for
such testing is needed... which is lot of work.