[RFC] Create arch/Kconfig.nxp

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Jun 15 20:00:03 CEST 2022

Hey all,

As I migrate assorted CONFIG options over to Kconfig, a common problem I
run in to is that between m68k, PowerPC and ARM (both Layerscape and
sometimes i.MX) there are options that fit under more than one
architecture but also don't have a good place to go.  For example, I
just ran in to CONFIG_SYS_FSL_NUM_CC_PLLS which started as PowerPC
specific, but is used still in Layerscape and more of a SoC detail (but
wouldn't make sense in drivers/soc/Kconfig).  I was thinking that
perhaps arch/Kconfig.nxp would be a good starting place to put these
options, but I'm quite open to other suggestions.  Thanks!

--
Tom