Extend binman to generate boot headers

Peng Fan peng.fan at nxp.com
Thu Jun 16 10:45:35 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I am thinking to extend binman to generate i.MX container
header and IVT header, that means to replace mkimage to generate header.

There is an NXP downstream imx-mkimage that diverge from upstream that
double effort. There are still require quite effort to migrate downstream
imx-mkimage to upstream. But the good news is that we are trying binman
in imx-mkimage to pack images. So if we could support binman to generate
container/IVT headers, NXP downstream and upstream will align the effort
to focus on binman, not a diverge imx-mkimage.

How do you think?

Thanks,
Peng.