OHCI: What is the current status with Driver Model

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Jun 22 14:28:48 CEST 2022

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 06:34:58AM +0000, Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com wrote:
> On 6/14/22 6:01 PM, Sergiu.Moga at microchip.com wrote:
> > On 07.06.2022 18:27, Sergiu Moga wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I want to convert our AT91 OHCI driver to Driver Model, but I am not
> >> sure whether OHCI is fully supported or not in Driver Model. From what
> >> I can see in `drivers/usb/host/` there are some OHCI drivers
> >> registered into Driver Model, but the documentation[1] (perhaps
> >> outdated) seems to specify that OHCI is not supported.
> >>
> >> Could you please tell me what is the current status of OHCI with
> >> Driver Model?
> >>

> >> [1]
> >> https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/driver-model/usb-info.html
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>      Sergiu
> >>
> > Hello,
> >
> > My apologies, Simon, I forgot to add you to cc. Do you happen to know
> > the answer to my question?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >       Sergiu
> >

> + Tom
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> You have been asking about this

Yes, I guess the documentation is out of date.  With the exception of
ohci-at91 and ohci-lpc32xx all of the other drivers support DM.  The
ohci-da8xx implementation is likely the easiest one to follow as it
didn't do any rewriting but rather added a probe function and data
structures to otherwise make use of the existing callers.

It would be better to do a bigger re-org of the code as at this point
DM_USB migration deadline has passed so all boards should be fixed up
when updating the ohci-at91 driver.  Thanks.

--
Tom