[RFC v2 1/2] libfdt: add fdt_alignprop

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Nov 8 08:41:38 CET 2022

Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> writes:

> Can you use an external FIT?

Maybe.  I couldn't make that work in a quick test, but that is probably
just me doing something wrong.

But there are other workarounds for this specific device, yes.
Appending the DTB to the kernel image is verified to work.  So it is
possible to create a bootable image.

It's also possible to build a working FIT image with embedded fdt blobs
using existing tools, provided that you are willing to run a few
iterations while adjusting e.g. descriptions.  I just believe it's
unecessarily hard, resulting in complicated build rules when a simple
call to mkimage should have been enough.

Bjørn