Peculiar problem executing boot.scr

Tasos Terzidis terzanasta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:12:15 CET 2022

Hello,

I have a very peculiar problem.

I have a very simple boot.scr script so that u-boot can load it and run it.

My set up is a Raspberry 3 B (32 bit)

Sript is

Fatload mmc 0:1 ${kernel_addr_r} kernel7.img

Bootz ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr}

When u-boot stops autocounting, finds the script loads it and the error
message is

-à    ‘ailed to find kernel7.img     ß--

Instead of F for word Failed, prints ‘ailed.

If I stop auto counting and enter the commands of script by hand it runs
and loads kernel as expected

As a matter of fact whatever command I add to the script gives an error

Example : if I add printenv the error is “can not find command”

I can not understand what the problem is.

Has anyone encountered such a problem ??

Thank you

Tasos