problem with reading the NV memory index of TPM slb9670

Tasos Terzidis terzanasta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:12:07 CET 2022

Hello,

I tried to use a tpm2 command for reading the NV memory index of an slb9670
TPM.

I noticed in file cmd/tpm-v2.c, that the command tpm2 nv_read_value (as tpm
nv_read_value)

is not implemented. In file lib/tpm-v2.c there is the tpm2_nv_read_value
function.

Do you plan to implement the command tpm2 nv_read_value in the future ?

Then I used the

tpm nv_read_value index addr count

The syntax I used is

tpm nv_read_value 0x100000000 0x30000000 20

I’m trying to read 32 bytes from 0x100000000 index nv memory of TPM

to 0x30000000 memory of u-boot

U-boot can’t understand the command and returns the help listing all the
commands for tpm.

I also used

tpm nv_read_value 0x0 0x30000000 20

0x0 as an offset to 0x100000000 index of NV memory (following the syntax of
tpm2_nvread command o TSS tpm –tools)

Same result, list of commands for tpm

Other commands of tpm such as tpm2 pcr read or extend functions as expected
in u-boot environment

I can’t understand what I do wrong

Thank you

Tasos Terzids