Uboot support intel xeon gold

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Oct 6 21:07:31 CEST 2022

Hi Fontaine,

+Bin Meng

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 at 05:18, fontaine garin Tham
<fontainegarin at yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

> Hi Developers,
>
> I would like to know if uboot supports intel xeon gold processors and if the is any samples for make menuconfig.
>
> I have check the board in intel it does not show Xeon processor. So I am abit hesitant.

For that you would need to run coreboot with a U-Boot payload. This is
(coreboot_defconfig) and runs in CI, e.g. here:

https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-dm/-/jobs/508951

If you do want bare-metal support, that would require some effort,
including bringing in the new FSP, dealing with any drivers updates,
etc. Bin may have more thoughts on this as he is the maintainer.

Regards,
SImon