Broken commit d2e64d29c44dee6d455f7705dd1cf1af8674ad9a

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Sun Oct 9 17:19:50 CEST 2022

Hello!

Your commit d2e64d29c44dee6d455f7705dd1cf1af8674ad9a ("cli_readline:
Only insert printable chars") broke support for pound sign (£) and euro
sign (€) keys on Nokia N900 keypad.

When I press either of those two keys, nothing is displayed on the N900
screen.

On the other hand key for dollar sign ($) is working fine.

After reverting that commit those two keys are working again. So I can
type "echo 40 €" and U-Boot console will print "40 €" on the screen.

Commit message of that commit says to insert only printable characters
but instead it started dropping some printable characters.

It would be a wise idea to not censor usage of non-dollar currency
symbols in U-Boot :-) Hehe I know that issue is probably with non-7-bit
characters, but funny things is that on N900 keypad are only two
non-ASCII characters: £ and €.

Could you please look at it, what can be done with it?