Wolfgang Denk

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Oct 21 17:11:33 CEST 2022

Dear U-Boot community,

it is my very sad duty to inform you that Wolfgang Denk, the father of
U-Boot, passed away last week. We have lost a great developer and a very
good friend.

I met Wolfgang the first time quite 25 years ago, when we worked for the
same company. I was hired as consultant for a (at the time very
frequently used) RTOS. I had no time to introduce me, because Wolfgang
interrupted me with : "Just install Linux !". Well, of course I did. It
was the first good suggestion he gave me. Many others followed.

Wolfgang was a pioneer and strong supporter of Open Source, in the time
when Linux for Embedded System started its first steps. In many
occasions he had strong discussions with customers to explain the
advantages of Open Source, and he rejected business contracts if
customer was going against his principles. We will miss him.

Rest in peace, my friend

Stefano Babic

HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, 82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de