imx8 regression: cyclic_register for watchdog at 30280000 failed

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Tue Oct 25 18:32:38 CEST 2022

Greetings,

I've noticed a regression since the merge of the cyclic framework use
for watchdog on my imx8m boards:

cyclic_register for watchdog at 30280000 failed
WDT:   Failed to start watchdog at 30280000

A bisect lead me to the following 3 sequential patches:
29caf9305b6f cyclic: Use schedule() instead of WATCHDOG_RESET()
^^^ bad
881d4108257a cyclic: Introduce schedule() function
^^^ unbuildable
c2fd0ca1a822 watchdog: Integrate watchdog triggering into the cyclic framework
^^^ unbootable

Before I did in much deeper has anyone else run into and/or resolved
this? I'm wondering if something is missing from defconfig?

Best Regards,

Tim