commit 787f04bb6a - imx: add USB2_BOOT type

Rasmus Villemoes rasmus.villemoes at prevas.dk
Wed Oct 26 01:42:04 CEST 2022

On 18/10/2022 02.43, Peng Fan wrote:
> + Stefano & Fabio

> What could only help is to ask the ROM team to see whether they have
> plan to public the ROM API details and when. Otherwise you could only
> read the code to understand how it works.
>

>>> Could you please try below changes to check whether it fixes your issue?
>>
>> Well, it seems very likely it would, but could you _please_ answer the
>> real question so we as a community has a chance of evaluating whether
>> that's the proper fix or something else entirely is needed. And so that
>> in the future we as a community would have a chance of objecting to
>> including 787f04bb6a in the first place.
>
> You could help reviewing if you have time.

Don't you see the absurdity of on the one hand saying that the only way
to understand the ROM API is to study the U-Boot side of the code, and
on the other hand asking others to review changes to said code?

If the API could be understood from merely reading existing U-Boot code,
than that code is by definition perfect and won't need to be changed.

Now that I know there is a dedicated ROM team, let me rephrase:

Is there any chance you could reach out to said ROM team and ask if they
could make some information on the API public?

[The "you" in the previous questions have always meant NXP, not you
personally.]

Rasmus