Falcon mode: hangs on booting Linux

Ayrton Leyssens ayrton.leyssens at scioteq.com
Tue Sep 6 09:10:21 CEST 2022

Hi all

I have some problems with a TI AM335x and U-Boot Falcon mode.
My Linux kernel does not want to boot 'the old way' using ATAGS in Falcon mode.
Using plain U-Boot the kernel boots like it should.

Setting up all:
setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 console=ttyS0,115200n8;
fatload mmc 1:3 0x82000000 uImage;
spl export atags 0x82000000;
fatwrite mmc 1:1 0x80000100 args 0x200;
saveenv;
reset;

In this case my kernel boots.
If I powercycle the board, U-Boot hangs on 'Jumping to Linux' in 'spl.c: "jump_to_image_linux"'
I am using U-Boot 2020.07

Printing the args file, shows my bootargs are set.
Adding debug before jump_to_image_linux, shows the Linux header is read and it knows its entry_point and load_addr

Thanks for showing me the way
Ayrton