Please pull u-boot-watchdog/next

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Sep 16 16:08:51 CEST 2022

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 09:22:16AM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> please pull the following watchdog related patches:

> - Migrate watchdog reset to cyclic infrastructure (Stefan)
>
> Here the Azure build, without any issues:
>
> https://dev.azure.com/sr0718/u-boot/_build/results?buildId=260&view=results
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan
>
> The following changes since commit 6ec7207ab3c4dad098967fef5df75e25240fd852:
>
>   Merge branch '2022-09-15-TI-platform-updates' into next (2022-09-15
> 17:02:52 -0400)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git at source.denx.de:u-boot/custodians/u-boot-watchdog.git next
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 4bd01be23a9d0c2dbfaac0c196ead6a89824cbf8:
>
>   watchdog: Further cleanup (2022-09-16 07:09:05 +0200)

> Stefan Roese (6):
>       watchdog: Integrate watchdog triggering into the cyclic framework
>       cyclic: Introduce schedule() function
>       cyclic: Use schedule() instead of WATCHDOG_RESET()
>       watchdog: Get rid of ASSEMBLY hacks
>       watchdog: Remove WATCHDOG_RESET macro
>       watchdog: Further cleanup

Good bad news, I've got your first hardware failure report.  One of
these three:
cyclic: Use schedule() instead of WATCHDOG_RESET()
cyclic: Introduce schedule() function
watchdog: Integrate watchdog triggering into the cyclic framework

Causes am335x_evm to have no output in SPL and just hang. It, along with
all of the other TI AM335x platforms have watchdog enabled in SPL. I can
also observe that the system watchdog is not triggering, so maybe we're
stuck in some loop where that's being serviced still?

I suspect all the am335x boards are broken, so if you don't have
something there you can test on let me know off-list and I'll get you
access to my lab.

--
Tom