PX30 TPL max size

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Sep 23 19:23:07 CEST 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 07:10:03PM +0200, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi wrote:

> Hi Tom
>
> In uboot 2022.01 we had tpl max size for px30 to 10240 but now after
> some conversion I can see TPL_MAX_SIZE 0x20000 for the same CPU. Now I
> think that internal memory is 16Kb for this cpu.
> Do you have any explanation?

Yes. So, the commit is ca8a329a1b7f ("Convert CONFIG_SPL_PAD_TO et al to
Kconfig"). What likely happened is the logic to ensure that we got the
right value calculated in the end on PowerPC (where TPL is after SPL)
meant that on these platforms (where TPL is before SPL), we have the
correct default in Kconfig, but then the defconfigs override it.

--
Tom