distro_boot vs. env-based bootmenu

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Wed Apr 12 11:22:23 CEST 2023

Hi,

i try to move from distro-boot (extlinux-config files) to an env-based bootmenu (builtin-environment) for
my bananapi r2pro.

basicly it works, but i see more bootmenu-entries than i have defined in my environment

 *** U-Boot Boot Menu ***

      1. Boot from SD/EMMC.
      mmc 1:2
      mmc 1:3
      mmc 1:4
      U-Boot consoleHit any key to stop autoboot: 2

i have only defined one botmenu-entry (first one in uEnv_r2pro.txt)

bootmenu_0=1. Boot from SD/EMMC.=run newboot
bootmenu_default=0

i guess the 3 mmc 1:x entries are part from distro-boot. i see a series from simon where he drops
distroboot for rockchip-boards.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20230409084454.v9.8.I4cf7708a1ba953b9abd81375d93af34665c7b251@changeid/

can anyone explain me where i can disable the mmc 1:x entries? i wanted to leave distro_boot as
fallback but it seems this is not possible.

maybe i have to disable these?

BOOTMETH_DISTRO [=y]
DISTRO_DEFAULTS [=y]

can i keep distro-boot (seems to works with env too, but overridden by my builtin env) somehow and drop the mmc-entries from my bootmenu?

any idea why i have no linebreak after u-Boot console?

i use u-boot 2023.04 my source for this conversion/tests is there:
https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/tree/2023-04-bpi-r2pro
using modified configs/evb-rk3568_defconfig

regards Frank