distro_boot vs. env-based bootmenu

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Mon Apr 24 23:22:45 CEST 2023

Am 24. April 2023 21:44:25 MESZ schrieb Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>:
>Hi Frank,
>
>On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 10:03, Frank Wunderlich <frank-w at public-files.de> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you have an idea because your patch removes distro-boot
>>
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20230409084454.v9.8.I4cf7708a1ba953b9abd81375d93af34665c7b251@changeid/
>>
>> For missing linebreak for autoboot this seems to be a calculation issue
>>
>> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/blob/master/common/menu.c#L439
>
>Are you able to fix it with a patch?

Have not yet figured out which part of u-boot creates the mmc-entries on top of my bootmenu (i guess this comes from my still enabled distroboot options).

For missing linebreak i guess position calculation is wrong in this case.

>Or if not, do you have a patch for the 'move to env-based bootmenu' so
>I can try it?

I have i builtin env file (uEnv_r2pro.txt) in my tree here and add (enable pepared option) the config-option to use this env file in topmost commit.

https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/commits/2023-04-bpi-r2pro

I had this in but disabled but this overrides the env created by distroboot-defines...but now enabling it to get rid of distroboot.

>Regards,
>Simon

regards Frank