Aw: Re: distro_boot vs. env-based bootmenu

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Sun Apr 30 15:25:48 CEST 2023

Hi

I tried to find out why distroboot is enabled (i have not set it in my defconfig) and i think this is why:

  │ Symbol: DISTRO_DEFAULTS [=y]                                            │
  │ Type  : bool                                                            │
  │ Prompt: Select defaults suitable for booting general purpose Linux dist │
  │   Location:                                                             │
  │ (3) -> Boot options                                                     │
  │   Defined at boot/Kconfig:833                                           │
  │   Selects: BOOT_DEFAULTS [=y] && AUTO_COMPLETE [=y] && CMDLINE_EDITING  │
  │   Implied by [y]:                                                       │
  │   - ARCH_ROCKCHIP [=y] && <choice> && !ROCKCHIP_RK3399 [=n]

as far as i see you've got a response from Jonas about this option and he changed Kconfig file to BOOTSTD_DEFAULTS

as i have not used BOOTSTD_DEFAULTS before, what needs to be changed to have it working?

basicly my Plan is to script the bootup via env in script with a bootmenu (default entry + additional ones which can be
changed by an env.txt file), but i do not want to break existing setups (using extlinux/*.conf behaviour) and no additional
bootmenu-entries.

is there any documentation describing the "Standard boot"?

i found this, but it looks like the "old" distro-boot...or is is same from users PoV?

https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/bootstd.html

regards Frank