U-Boot video output for rk3588

Sebastian Reichel sebastian.reichel at collabora.com
Thu Aug 3 00:50:57 CEST 2023

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 02, 2023 at 03:19:04PM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 at 15:03, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to enable HDMI output on this device in U-Boot,
> > e.g. on rock5b?

Upstream kernel does not yet support RK3588 HDMI output, but
Cristian Ciocaltea (added in Cc) is working on it. For U-Boot
AFAIK nobody is working on extending the drivers in
drivers/video/rockchip/* at the moment.

> Also, how do I make serial console, or earlycon work on this
> board?

The upstream Kernel stdout-path defined in the Rock 5B DT, so
serial should work OOTB. But - like all Rockchip devices - RK3588
boards use 1500000 Baud instead of the common 115200. Some
USB serial adapters are too slow for that. See also:

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5/dev/serial-console

Greetings,

-- Sebastian