FIT Image not working in U-Boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Aug 17 15:19:31 CEST 2023

Hi Freddie,

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 at 07:02, Freddie <fpidev23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm quite new to this so sorry for asking so many questions but where do I run the 'dump_image -l' command and which code should I look into adding print statements to?

One thing is to add your reply at the bottom, not the top.

Actually it is 'dumpimage -l file.fit' to list the contents of your
fit file called 'file.fit'.  The program is built in the tools/
directory or your build, or you can

I mean if you are completely stumped, go to where the error is
generated and add lots of debugging around it. This is
boot_get_kernel() which is in v2021.10 is in common/bootm.c - so just
add lots of printf() stuff there, rebuild and run on the board and see
if you can figure out what is wrong. From my side I am really not
sure.

Feel free to share the FIT through a link if you like.

Also, you could try using a simple FIT without the signature part.

> I have also just looked into my .config file and this is the contents:
>
> #
> # Automatically generated file; DO NOT EDIT.
> # U-Boot 2021.10 Configuration
> #

[..]

> #
> # Boot images
> #
> # CONFIG_ANDROID_BOOT_IMAGE is not set
> CONFIG_FIT=y
> CONFIG_FIT_EXTERNAL_OFFSET=0x0
> CONFIG_FIT_FULL_CHECK=y
> CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE=y
> CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE_MAX_SIZE=0x10000000
> # CONFIG_FIT_RSASSA_PSS is not set
> # CONFIG_FIT_CIPHER is not set
> # CONFIG_FIT_VERBOSE is not set
> # CONFIG_FIT_BEST_MATCH is not set
> CONFIG_FIT_PRINT=y
> # CONFIG_LEGACY_IMAGE_FORMAT is not set
> CONFIG_SUPPORT_RAW_INITRD=y
> CONFIG_OF_BOARD_SETUP=y
> # CONFIG_OF_SYSTEM_SETUP is not set
> # CONFIG_OF_STDOUT_VIA_ALIAS is not set
> CONFIG_SYS_EXTRA_OPTIONS=""
> CONFIG_HAVE_SYS_TEXT_BASE=y
> CONFIG_ARCH_FIXUP_FDT_MEMORY=y
> # CONFIG_CHROMEOS is not set
> # CONFIG_CHROMEOS_VBOOT is not set

[..]

This has CONFIG_FIT and CONFIG_LEGACY_IMAGE_FORMAT is disabled (since
you have signature verification on).

Regards,
Simon