Booting fails on the sandbox

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Sat Dec 16 15:50:32 CET 2023

Hello Simon,

I have built sandbox_defconfig with PREBOOT='host bind 0 ../sct.img'

On the image I have an ESP with file EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI.

I would expect the sandbox to boot from the ESP.

But when starting the sandbox is does not boot. Instead it shows a menu
with some Fedora related entry:

Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-31-1.9 Boot Options.
1:      Fedora-Workstation-armhfp-31-1.9 (5.3.7-301.fc31.armv7hl)

This makes absolutely no sense on an x86_64 system. Could you, please,
fix sandbox_defconfig to boot according to distroboot.

Best regards

Heinrich