Adding EFI runtime support to the Arm's FF-A bus

Michael Walle mwalle at kernel.org
Tue Dec 19 11:11:24 CET 2023

Hi Heinrich,

> Any runtime device drivers for variable storage should not be in the
> U-Boot runtime but live in the secure world (e.g. OP-TEE) FF-A is the
> new ARM protocol for talking to the secure world and hence fits into
> the picture.

What if I just want a simple embedded boot stack where I don't
want any secure world and just want to be able to boot a COTS linux
distribution via EFI?

Assuming, that there might be a simple dedicated EEPROM to store the
variables which is not exposed to linux, is that something which would
be rejected by u-boot mainline now?

-michael