Regression: i.MX6ULL reset not working

Francesco Dolcini francesco at dolcini.it
Thu Dec 28 18:23:49 CET 2023

On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 02:08:33PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 1:46 PM Francesco Dolcini <francesco at dolcini.it> wrote:
>
> > With that we would have to enable the watchdog, something that is not
> > done today. Any potential downside on doing it?
>
> I don't see any.
>
> The watchdog was being used originally too, but not via DM.

Are you sure? After the related kconfig changes you'll have CONFIG_WDT
enabled, and with that the watchdog is started and you need to
periodically refresh it. At the moment the watchdog is not enabled at
boot and it is used only for the reset.

While the change might be fine, my concern is that this might affect some use
cases. Debugging? Kernel not having the watchdog driver enabled? Any
other fancy use-case?

Assuming I am not getting this all wrong, and enabling CONFIG_WDT has
no real effects, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Francesco