imx8mp spi fail

Elmar Psilog epsi at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 20:46:53 CET 2023

Thank you so much, you made my day! Sorry, I didn't see the alias was
used different.

Although my credibility gambled away I think I found a real bug in EQOS
driver with fixed-phy:

In file fixed.c in in function fixedphy_config() the call

         val = ofnode_read_u32_default(node, "speed", 0);

returns 0 instead of 1000 and also the duplex is not set. I found that
in file/function dwc_eth_qos.c / eqos_start() the line

eqos->phy->node = eqos->phy_of_node;

is reponsible for losing the info. Don't know what magic happens here -
so I can't fix it - just followed the data. So all works well and even
the parsing of old and new fixed-link devicetree works til that line.
After that I don't get speed anymore. Can someone please confirm?

Best regards,

Elmar