arm: lib1funcs.S: Plan to resync Linux code?

Tony Dinh mibodhi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 03:23:40 CET 2023

Hi Marek,

Do you have plans to resync Linux lib1funcs.S to u-boot?

Tom mentioned it it this thread:
https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2023-January/504287.html

And one of the reasons it came up was that an armv5 board (Pogo V4)
has both CONFIG_LTO and CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD enabled. And we
experienced build failure, so we had to disable CONFIG_LTO:
https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2022-November/500460.html

It would be great to have the lib1funcs.S resync with Linux again, so
we can reduce the binary size when needed. I don't have enough
experience with ARM assembler code to attempt that task, but I would
volunteer to be a tester for a few armv5 boards (Marvell Kirkwood) and
armv7 (Marvell Armada 385) boards.

Thanks,
Tony