linksys wrt1900acs v2 boot problem

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Fri Jan 6 18:35:17 CET 2023

Hello Dilyan!

On Tuesday 28 September 2021 22:01:40 Dilyan Lazarov wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with my linksys wrt1900acs.
> My main question is this a hardware problem or software problem?
> Is it possible to address?

This looks like DDR3 training SW issue problem. Marek worked on in and
tried to address issue. He should know more details in this area.

> I have started researching and have tried with "kwboot" under Windows VM -
> Ubuntu 20 - Linux but I have a problem with usb serial connection. I have
> tried several things but I understand that it isn't possible to start USB
> to Serial on a Windows VM.
> I will expect your response.
> Thank you in advance.

You need to use kwboot natively. It was heavily tested on Linux and I
think it should work also on BSD systems. Windows systems are not really
supported and kwboot will not work on them.

> All the best
> Dilyan
>
> I see the following Log from U-Boot with PuTTy under Windows 10:
> BootROM - 1.73
> Booting from NAND flash
>
> General initialization - Version: 1.0.0
> Detected Device ID 6820
> High speed PHY - Version: 2.0
>
> Init RD NAS topology Serdes Lane 3 is USB3
> Serdes Lane 4 is SGMII
> board SerDes lanes topology details:
>  | Lane #  | Speed |  Type       |
>  --------------------------------
>  |   0    |  06   |  SATA0      |
>  |   1    |  05   |  PCIe0      |
>  |   2    |  06   |  SATA1      |
>  |   3    |  05   |  USB3 HOST1 |
>  |   4    |  05   |  PCIe1      |
>  |   5    |  00   |  SGMII2     |
>  --------------------------------
> :** Link is Gen1, check the EP capability
> PCIe, Idx 0: Link upgraded to Gen2 based on client cpabilities
> :** Link is Gen1, check the EP capability
> PCIe, Idx 1: remains Gen1
> High speed PHY - Ended Successfully
> DDR3 Training Sequence - Ver TIP-1.26.0
> mvSysEnvGetTopologyUpdateInfo: TWSI Read failed
> WL Supp: IF 0 busId 1 Failed !
> WL Supp: IF 0 failed
> ddr3TipDynamicWriteLevelingSupp failure
> ********   DRAM initialization Failed (res 0x1)   ********
> DDR3 run algorithm - FAILED 0x1
> DDR3 Training Sequence - FAILED
>

>  **********          DRAM initialization failed!   ********
> --
> Dilyan

Could you please try to update U-Boot to the new version? If the issue
is still there? Because DDR3 marvell driver was updated and it is
possible that also your issue is fixed now too...