[U-Boot][bug report] clearfog: EMMC boot broken on clearfog pro

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Jan 10 09:41:36 CET 2023

Martin Rowe <martin.p.rowe at gmail.com> [2023-01-10 06:01:08]:

Hi,

> > In other words, it would help to know, which commit after v2021.01 breaks
> > booting of SD/SATA/eMMC for you. Could you help find it?
>
> The commit from the git bisect is one of dozens that are associated
> with a major refactoring of kwboot and kwbimage; you probably want to

I don't own any such device.

Florian has reported this regression 3 months ago and as you can see nothing
has happened, it seems to be still broken.

So in order to move forward, the current plan is to find out/bisect first
commit after v2021.01 which has introduced this BootROM SD/eMMC/SATA boot
regression and inform involved folks (Author and Commiter) accordingly with a
proper bug report.

> I didn't test SATA; I used a known working image to help isolate the
> problem and have a stable base to test from.

Since you're able to boot from SATA, it would help to know if it's broken as
well. Having BootROM output with failing header offsets would be nice as well.

Cheers,

Petr