[bug] timer: orion-timer: static variable patch breaks armada-388-clearfog boot

Martin Rowe martin.p.rowe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 06:31:28 CET 2023

Hi,

Commit 5387b093 was a fix for early_init_done causing issues on Pogo
v4 [1]. The fix breaks armada-388-clearfog because the boot hangs
indefinitely.

It appears that the cause is an infinite loop in __udelay due to
get_ticks() always returning 0. After adding some printf statements it
became apparent that the timer was never getting initialised.

git-blame identified the "timer: orion-timer: Fix problem with early
static variable" patch as a likely issue. Reverting the commit
restores boot for armada-388-clearfog.

Patching the issue is a bit beyond me without understanding the Pogo
v4 issue, but I'm happy to test any patches that are developed.

Regards

Martin

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/u-boot/20221221091849.1018783-1-sr@denx.de/