U-Boot support for M68K removal

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 30 17:22:17 CET 2023

Hi!

On Mon, 2023-01-30 at 11:14 -0500, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 01:49:11PM +0100, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
>
> > Hi Tom and all,
> >
> > really have to apologize, had hard times these last 2 years
> > and couldn't follow at all the activity, i am totally culprit
> > and responsible.
> >
> > Now i can jump back on following, if there is any sense
> > in keeping m68k/coldfire.
> > Let me know, if ok i start back checking all old patches
> > from tonight. Also, will have to update my email and rebase
> > to master.
>
> I'm glad you're back. I think the first thing to do would be to
> confirm
> that U-Boot still works on at least some supported board, then
> confirming you can still access
> https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-coldfire

FWIW, m68k is still a very actively maintained architecture in the
Linux kernel and userland with even LLVM and Rust having recently
added support for m68k.

I also own a Coldfire board myself (not sure which one without
looking), so I can offer to test U-Boot patches in the future.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer