mmc: Read eMMC partition access bits before card reset

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Mon Jun 12 19:39:20 CEST 2023

On Monday 12 June 2023 11:22:12 Stefan Roese wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> (added Peng for PowerPC and Jaehoon for MMC to Cc)
>
> On 6/11/23 15:03, Pali Rohár wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Pali, I will try to pull these not applied patches - if there are not
> > > issues of course. Could you please send me a list of these patches so
> > > that I can take look? Please note that I will probably not be able to
> > > work on this this week. But next week should be possible.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Stefan
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > These patches are on the list for year:
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20220516090119.20217-1-pali@kernel.org/
>
> This patch fails with multiple problems. Reason is, that it's very "old"
> and many of the Kconfig stuff was changed, which is of course not your
> fault. Still, I'm not in the right position to make these changes I'm
> afraid.
>
> Peng, this patch is now assigned to you in patchwork. Could you please
> also take a look? And if Pali (or someone else) sends an updated
> version, could you please make sure that it's reviewed (and applied if
> no issues arise) in due time?

Updated version was already sent but again no response...
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20220817205622.26644-1-pali@kernel.org/

> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20220828151929.32588-1-kabel@kernel.org/
>
> AFAICT, this patch has some open issues still.

There were suggestion to make (that new kconfig option) enabled for
everything. But nobody respond if it is possible to have it
unconditionally enabled for every one board. Hence new config option in
that patch was introduced.

> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20220802100655.17965-1-pali@kernel.org/
>
> This one is now in next. I've updated here the patchwork status.

Perfect! Finally some response here.