[Test] arm: mvebu: PCI_MVEBU driver on Kirkwood boards

Tony Dinh mibodhi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:50:39 CEST 2023

Hi Pali,

FYI. In reference to this patch:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230114164125.1298-1-pali@kernel.org/

Recently, I built a new Linux kernel 6.3.x for the Kirkwood boards and
discovered that the PCI_MVEBU driver was marked as BROKEN in Linux
mainline. That was a surprise for me, since I've been running this
driver for a long time up to kernel 6.1.x, 6.2.x for Kirkwood boards
that support USB 3.0 on PCIe bus. I did not see any problem. I've just
removed the CONGIG_BROKEN in my build and am running kernel 6.3.8
currently.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Marvell Armada board that uses PCIe
for USB 3.0 to test with.

As far as I can tell, the u-boot PCI_MVEBU driver also works fine on
Kirkwood boards.

All the best,
Tony