Trying to boot custom kernel on Wink Hub (i.MX28)

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:51:45 CEST 2023

Hi Rogan,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 3:46 AM Rogan Dawes <rogan at dawes.za.net> wrote:

> Kernel source is available here: https://github.com/winkapp/wink-hub-kernel-public

Ok, I assume that arch/arm/mach-mx28/mx28evk_pins.orig.c is the
original imx28-evk pinmux
and arch/arm/mach-mx28/mx28evk_pins.c contains the specific pinmux for
the imx28-wink-hub-v1 board.

The first thing I noticed is that the duart pins are different between
the two boards.

imx28-wink-hub-v1 uses the I2C0 pads for duart.

Can you try the attached two patches that I generated against 6.1.34?

It is a super minimal device tree for imx28-wink-hub-v1 and should
allow you to boot until it searches for the rootfs.

I am glad you managed to start seeing kernel console using a mainline kernel :-)