Trying to boot custom kernel on Wink Hub (i.MX28)

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:38:48 CEST 2023

Hi Rogan,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 11:25 AM Rogan Dawes <rogan at dawes.za.net> wrote:

> I understand the importance now. No, I got to the same result with your dts as with the evk one, crash after the usbcore modules were registered, and then binary garbage on the console.

On the dts I shared, the USB nodes are disabled, so I am not sure why
it crashes. Please share the full log of the crash.

> I do understand that you are not familiar with the Wink Hub, and am especially appreciative of the time you are offering.

It is always a pleasure to see boards running a recent 6.4-rc kernel
instead of the vendor 2.6.35 kernel :-)

> Is this still relevant to u-boot, or should this conversation move elsewhere, since this is more about the kernel now it seems? Although I guess modern u-boot also cares about device trees?

Yes, I think we are getting off-topic on this list now :-)

Please move the discussion to linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org and Cc me.