Does CONFIG_I2C_EEPROM depend on CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R?

sunying at nj.iscas.ac.cn sunying at nj.iscas.ac.cn
Thu Jun 29 12:20:12 CEST 2023

Hi,
We noticed that in the code implementation board/atmel/sama7g5ek/sama7g5ek.c,
"#if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_I2C_EEPROM))" is located in the condition "#if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R))".

Consider that the CONFIG_I2C_EEPROM option requires access to EEPROM memory
after normal initial operations are complete.

Do you think it is necessary to add a dependency on MISC_INIT_R
in the I2C_EEPROM option definition of drivers/misc/Kconfig file?

Best regards,
Yanjie Ren
Ying Sun