Question regarding U-boot MultiCore SMP

Jan Reinhard rej at sysgo.com
Thu Mar 2 11:04:06 CET 2023

Hello,

I am working on the PolarFire RISC-V icicle kit and use u-boot to start
my application.
I configured the firmware to start u-boot on all harts (cores) and found
out that u-boot uses a "HART lottery system" to decide which core/hart
it runs on.
In my special case I want u-boot to start on the first hart and the
other harts shall wait for the interrupt.

I cannot use the "saveenv" but I compile the u-boot myself. Is there a
way to compile the u-boot to ignore the "HART lottery system" and use
the first hart?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

--

Jan Reinhard
Security Engineer

SYSGO GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 8 | 55270 Klein-Winternheim | Germany

Phone: +49-6136-9948-0
E-Mail: jan.reinhard at sysgo.com

Web: https://www.sysgo.com
Blog: https://www.sysgo.com/blog
Events: https://www.sysgo.com/events
Newsletter: https://www.sysgo.com/newsletter

Handelsregister/Commercial Registry: HRB Mainz 90 HRB 48884
Geschäftsführung/Managing Directors: Etienne Butery (CEO), Kai Sablotny (COO)
USt-Id-Nr./VAT-Id-No.: DE 149062328

The protection of your personal data is important to us. Under the following link you can see the information in accordance with article 13 GDPR: https://www.sysgo.com/privacy_policy