[PATCH 4/5] microblaze: drop CONFIG_NEEDS_MANUAL_RELOC
ovpanait at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 18:49:18 CET 2023
Microblaze and m68k are the only remaining architectures that still enable
CONFIG_NEEDS_MANUAL_RELOC by default.
Microblaze has had runtime relocation support using CONFIG_STATIC_RELA for
quite some time, since commit d58c007498 ("microblaze: Add support for run
time relocation"). Drop support for CONFIG_NEEDS_MANUAL_RELOC and make
runtime relocation the default, as the rest of the architectures do.
Signed-off-by: Ovidiu Panait <ovpanait at gmail.com>
arch/microblaze/Kconfig | 13 +------------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 12 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/microblaze/Kconfig b/arch/microblaze/Kconfig
index ce157a79cc..e38c9f6d71 100644
@@ -4,19 +4,8 @@ menu "MicroBlaze architecture"
- bool "Disable position-independent pre-relocation code"
- default y
- U-Boot expects to be linked to a specific hard-coded address, and to
- be loaded to and run from that address. This option lifts that
- restriction, thus allowing the code to be loaded to and executed from
- almost any 4K aligned address. This logic relies on the relocation
- information that is embedded in the binary to support U-Boot
- relocating itself to the top-of-RAM later during execution.
- def_bool y if !NEEDS_MANUAL_RELOC
+ def_bool y
prompt "Target select"
More information about the U-Boot