[ANN] U-Boot v2023.04-rc4 released

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu
Tue Mar 14 19:58:12 CET 2023

Le 14/03/2023 à 18:55, Tom Rini a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 05:27:34AM +0000, Christophe Leroy wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Le 14/03/2023 à 01:53, Tom Rini a écrit :
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> It's the scheduled day for -rc4, and once again it's the end of my day.
>>> The delta between -rc3 and -rc4 is about what I would hope for. I still
>>> hope to see a PR to fix m68k, and to address some mpc8xx problems as
>>> well, but other than that I do hope for a quiet cycle. The next
>>> branch feels like it's working to me at least, so feedback on that would
>>> be appreciated.
>>
>> Are you expecting anything from my side on mpc8xx ? What are the
>> problems you mention ?
>
> I thought you had a few fixes, to go along with the new platform you
> had posted? It's a bit late for the platform, but if there's fixes, they
> can go in, and a PR for them please.

Well, I'm doing some fixes on the fly while I'm working on getting our
last board ready for upstreaming, but all of them are minor for now. You
already took a few of them into next, there is only one remaining in
patchwork:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/7fdac1fd6172f03c43ff65ae49a38f9f086c4c9f.1674826981.git.christophe.leroy@csgroup.eu/
at the moment.

The second patch I have in patchwork is about the CHECKER not working
for several files, but the conclusion was to apply latest linux changes,
I don't know really how you are used to proceed for that.
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/5da1197a115626a7b5793348b43e290ee94e700d.1674757023.git.christophe.leroy@csgroup.eu/

By the way, the board I'm working on at the moment doesn't have an
mpc8xx CPU but an mpc83xx CPU, which is maintained by Mario Six. I have
not seen much recent activity from him though. Is that OK if I put that
board into a PR in mpc8xx tree if I'm ready before next merge window ?

Thanks
Christophe