Pull Request / Patch: Enable Usage of ECC with DDR on AM654x

Roytburd, Benjamin roytburd at msu.edu
Thu May 4 14:47:29 CEST 2023

Hello,

Recently, when working with the AM65x_GP_EVM development board, I found that the U-boot source code (specifically the SPL), does not properly initialize the DDRSS ram drivers for the AM6548. There are missing register writes that are required from DDR to function with ECC on.

I validated this by comparing what U-boot source code does to Texas Instrument DDR test scripts (known as GEL scripts), and these GEL scripts could properly initialize DDR with ECC while U-boot could not, this is due to the missing register writes. The changes are shown here in this pull request: https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/pull/289 (made just to check CI).

Should I submit a patch for this? I have not contributed to U-boot before and would like to know if such a change would be accepted, or even reviewed, as a submission.

Thanks,
Ben