U-Boot - Behaviour of 'go' command

Little Tree littletreetrunk32 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 12:48:05 CEST 2023

I have written a minimal bare-metal Raspberry Pi-3B program (ARM64-
CortexA53) to switch from EL2 (Exception Level 2) to EL1. U-Boot is used as
the bootloader. The code is loaded to RAM using the "tftpboot" command. The
"go" command is used to start the execution of my program. I am not
expecting to return the control back to U-Boot.

When the code switches to EL1 using "ERET" instruction the RAM (the jump
location) contains the random data. When I inspect (using JTAG) the RAM
(again the jump location) just before the ERET I can see the valid program
there.

May I know the reason for this behavior? Is there a better alternative to
the "go" command?

Thanks a lot,
  Little