[External] - Re: Issues with bcm2835-host: let firmware manage the clock divisor

Vincent Fazio vfazio at xes-inc.com
Tue May 16 14:02:07 CEST 2023

Stefan

As far as I'm aware, the issue [0] documents :

RPi Firmware -> U-Boot
RPi Firmware -> EDK2
RPi Firmware -> Ultibo

I did not notice degraded performance in RPi Linux, presumably due to clock delegation [1]

If someone is using linux-stable vs RPi Linux, there may be some variation.

This was nearly 2 years ago however, I'm heavily relying on what's been documented in the GH issue [0].

[0] https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1619
[1] https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/1619#issuecomment-917370376

-Vincent