Issues with bcm2835-host: let firmware manage the clock divisor

Stefan Wahren stefan.wahren at i2se.com
Tue May 23 14:16:08 CEST 2023

Hi Nuno,

Am 15.05.23 um 10:13 schrieb Nuno Gonçalves:
> On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 7:54 PM Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren at i2se.com
> <mailto:stefan.wahren at i2se.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, this is very likely. But how can U-Boot assume that at least Linux
>     is booting afterwards. How about the other OSes with devicetree support?
>

> I don't know what other OSes the patch author have tested it and if
> there was any good argument for breaking Linux Mainline.

sorry, the question wasn't actually for you, since you just reported the
issue. There is never a good argument to break Linux Mainline,
especially the Raspberry Pi folks don't support for U-Boot.

Because we stuck in this discussion, can you please provide more
information to reproduce this issue?

What is the exact behavior based on debug UART and LED when Linux fails
to start from eMMC (timeout, SoC lockup, ...)?

Does your boot setup (U-Boot) based on Device tree (Mainline or RPF) or EFI?

Which Raspberry firmware version are you using?

What settings of config.txt do you use?

Are you able to reproduce this issue on other RPi variants?

Best regards