rockpro64 rk3399 dwc3 issue

Shantur Rathore shantur.rathore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:34:15 CET 2023

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 2:50 PM Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I am trying to boot OS via USB3.0 ports on RK3399 base RockPro64.
> > U-boot is failing to detect the drive in the USB3.0 port.
> >
> > If I boot linux through other mediums the drive is detected and works fine.
> > Can anyone please help me figure out the issue?
>
> Can you share the version of U-Boot you're using?

I have tried 2023.1, 2023.10 , 2024.01-rc2

An interesting finding, if I connect the same disk via a bus-powered
(no external power) USB3.0 hub the disk gets detected 100% of the
time.
Directly connecting the same disk to the same USB3.0 port and U-boot
fails to find it.
Connecting on a USB2.0 port works too.

Regards,