Licensing discrepancies or ambiguities

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Tue Nov 21 20:10:57 CET 2023

I've been reviewing the copyright and license information for Das U-Boot
in preparation for uploading to Debian, and found a few surprises.

 tools/libfdt/fdt_rw.c: /* SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+ BSD-2-Clause */

I *think* according to the SPDX spec this needs an OR or an AND. I also
see no copyright declaration, although maybe there is a standard
interpretation for this.

Similar issue with (though thankfully they include copyright
declarations):

 include/bloblist.h:/* SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+ BSD-3-Clause */
 common/bloblist.c:// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+ BSD-3-Clause
 doc/README.ubispl:# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL 2.0+ BSD-3-Clause

This one has a non-existent license:

  test/lib/strlcat.c: // SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.1+

No such license exists, though thankfully it references the exact file
in the original glibc sources it came from, which is listed as
LGPL-2.1+.

There are certainly more ambiguous issues, but figured I would start
with those!

live well,
  vagrant