Setting up boot chain ACPI on ARM with STM32MPU

Ba Gia Bao Phan phanbagiabao2001 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:28:54 CET 2023

Hello everyone,

I am a trainee at STMicroelectronics France. I am working on a project
"Setting up a boot chain ACPI" for STM32MPU, which is based on ARM Cortex-A
. The objective of my project is to add a way of booting (with ACPI)
besides Device Tree available on STM32MPU.

I found that ACPI was enabled on some x86 platforms but I don't know
whether it was set up on ARM or not. I found a PATCH that discussed*
Enabling ACPI
booting on ARM with Raspberry Pi 4
<https://lore.kernel.org/all/20211201160315.2203099-1-sjg@chromium.org/T/#m3f705d5a3b59d3e58861a2f983e3d48fa20addf4>
*but I don't know if it functioned or not. Did anyone here succeed in
setting up ACPI on ARM by U-boot?

What are the differences between x86 and ARM platforms when enabling ACPI?
The architecture of my board STM32PMU is ARM so can I apply the technique
used on platform x86 for my board?