Upgrade u-boot to use a redundant environment

Hernot, Adrien adrien.hernot at zoetis.com
Thu Nov 30 10:22:44 CET 2023

Hi,

We are using u-boot and until now we are using a single env storage on the eMMC.

We want to change to using a redundant environment, and the way to do that is well documented (thanks for that).

The problem we are facing is transitioning from one single to redundant, as the format of the env storage is different (redund has one byte flags right ater the 4 bytes CRC, at offset 4).
After the updating the u-boot binary and restarting the machine, u-boot CRC check will fail and all environment will be lost, due to the format change.

What is the ussual way to deal with this?
Is there a tool to upgrade the environment blob format?

Best regards,
Adrien