coreboot 4.11 + U-boot master

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Oct 12 17:27:52 CEST 2023

Hi Jay,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 21:03, Jay Talbott
<JayTalbott at sysproconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I had openssl installed, but apparently not libssl-dev. But when I added that, it still failed in the same spot. So then I just installed all the prerequisites (cut/paste from [1]), even though many of them were already installed, and then it finally built. So at least I have something building at this point.

OK good.

> We will need the 64-bit build. Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but I did put coreboot64_defconfig in make menuconfig for the U-boot config file.
>
> If you have a patch for making the 64-bit build an option, I'll need to apply that to the 4.11 branch for this build.

There are some pending patches in U-Boot for distro tweaks:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=375672

I pushed a tree to my github (sjg20) in branch 'cmos' if that helps.
That is what I used for the talk this week.

For 64-bit you need to use u-boot-x86-with-spl.bin instead of u-boot.bin

Regards,
Simon